[asterisk-biz] Calling Card / VoIP Service Provider Opportunity

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Wed Feb 16 21:55:15 CST 2011

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 10:17 PM, Sanjay Arora <sanjay.k.arora at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 6:19 PM, Steve Totaro
> <stotaro at asteriskhelpdesk.com> wrote:
>
>> I would start with this mindset of "Low cost support" and "a really
>> low cost solution, with no minimum commitments"
>>
>> For every market, there is a barrier of entry.  If you are just
>> focusing on, "Really Low Cost" then what are you giving up?
>>
>> Your support is going to lousy and so is your service.  That equates
>> to unhappy customers and a bad reputation.  It is much harder to get a
>> new customer than it is to lose one.
>>
>> Is your marketing going to be that you are the lowest cost?
>>

> Steve
>
> By low cost support, I did not mean low quality support. Most of the
> low cost services I have personally used have almost nil support. I
> assume that's because providing a low cost service from a high salary
> developed country is a problem.
>
> I am from India where setting up a support service can cost a lot
> less, hence my comment that I can set up low cost support services as
> required. Same applies to Internet based marketing.
>
> I asked for "No minimum commitment required" was because voip will not
> be my core area. I will be selling voip to my existing customerbase
> and people of similar profile. I thought I could set uo one person
> support & marketing and scale up as growth happens.
>
> I completely agree with your contentions, though.
>
> With best regards.
> Sanjay.

You really should have started a new thread since you are talking
about something different.

But you are really missing the big picture and new paradigm, because
VoIP breaks those geographic rules.

Anyone can setup a call enter or support in India, most have either
brought support back to the states or teach the support reps to be
more "American" and lose the accent.

There has always been a backlash against India based call centers.
Often the accent is too thick to understand and the reps read from a
script.  Just check YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twYtcz1eL-Q

This one is in jest but is funny because it is reality.

Are you going to give them a script or teach them how everything works
and let them muck with the system.

If your service goes down, are you going to lose existing customers?

Good luck.

Thanks,
Steve T