[asterisk-biz] Calling Card / VoIP Service Provider Opportunity

Sanjay Arora sanjay.k.arora at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 21:17:35 CST 2011

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 6:19 PM, Steve Totaro
<stotaro at asteriskhelpdesk.com> wrote:

> I would start with this mindset of "Low cost support" and "a really
> low cost solution, with no minimum commitments"
>
> For every market, there is a barrier of entry.  If you are just
> focusing on, "Really Low Cost" then what are you giving up?
>
> Your support is going to lousy and so is your service.  That equates
> to unhappy customers and a bad reputation.  It is much harder to get a
> new customer than it is to lose one.
>
> Is your marketing going to be that you are the lowest cost?

Steve

By low cost support, I did not mean low quality support. Most of the
low cost services I have personally used have almost nil support. I
assume that's because providing a low cost service from a high salary
developed country is a problem.

I am from India where setting up a support service can cost a lot
less, hence my comment that I can set up low cost support services as
required. Same applies to Internet based marketing.

I asked for "No minimum commitment required" was because voip will not
be my core area. I will be selling voip to my existing customerbase
and people of similar profile. I thought I could set uo one person
support & marketing and scale up as growth happens.

I completely agree with your contentions, though.

With best regards.
Sanjay.