[asterisk-biz] DID that does not cut off additional number

Alistair Cunningham acunningham at integrics.com
Fri Feb 11 09:24:16 CST 2011

On 11/02/11 22:05, Jay R. Worthington wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i read some time ago that there are special ISDN numbers that do not cut
> off additional numbers that are dialed, i.e. if the basenumber from the
> carrier is +495555555 and someone dial's +495555555123456789, i can see
> the entire number in asterisk and not only the  basenumber part like on
> normal (german) ISDN links. Can someone tell me how this feature is
> called (maybe my carrier offers that as a paid feature in BRI/PRI), and
> can someone offer SIP DID's with this feature?
>
> (i have a pretty special client that has to/wants to record all calls
> including cellphones, so we would like to route all calls via the
> corporate pbx using the "IP Dialing" Feature that prepends a
> configurable number...)

This is a standard PSTN features in some (mostly European) countries.
Germany, Austria, and the Netherlands spring to mind. In these
countries, most (maybe all) DIDs should support this - special DIDs are
not required.

Any SIP DID provider in these countries *should* support it. It's
probably best to ask though as some SIP providers may not have
considered this when configuring their gateways.

Alistair Cunningham
+1 888 468 3111
+44 20 799 39 799
http://integrics.com/