[asterisk-biz] PRI vs SIP vs ???

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Sat Oct 30 12:04:42 CDT 2010

You know, Steve does have a salient point underneath however you chose
to take the framing; there is not an intelligible notion of "better"
to appeal to here, and any truly experienced and knowledgeable
respondents will present it as a matter of taste with some pros and
cons on both sides.

The distillation of some additional context or data points can, in
many situations, make the case for one or the other more
definitively.  For example, as others have mentioned, a wider variety
of factors - some very stochastic - are brought to bear on whether SIP
trunking will work well, whereas TDM is pretty cut-and-dried.  It
either works or it doesn't.  On the other hand, it is quite a bit less
flexible in a technical and economic sense, and requires greater and
longer initial and OPEX commitments.

Steve is telling you that you are being vague because you 1) provide
little data about the nuances of the requirements aside from saying
that trunking of some description is needed and 2) based on this,
asking which is "better?"

That's a little like asking, "O hai I want to go to space. Which is
best way, space shuttle or Saturn rocket?  Other suggestions for
spaceship????????"

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems LLC