[asterisk-biz] DIDX Query (Dan Journo)

Peter Beckman beckman at angryox.com
Fri Nov 5 11:26:41 CDT 2010

On Fri, 5 Nov 2010, Suzanne Bowen wrote:

> 4. Regarding the message from Peter Beckman on beckman at angryox.com on Thu
> Nov 4 14:08:11 CDT 2010 ... “Their site is slow and awful, the design is bad
> and not well thought out, their API is useless for actually finding and
> purchasing DIDs, and the 50 DID or $50/month requirement is annoying, though
> from a business sense I understand the
> motivation.”
>
> Suzanne’s response: I agree, sometimes www.didx.net is slow. We are working
> on replacing some of the front end and back.

  That's great.  However, it's been slow for *years.*  I don't see a lot of
  progress happening.  Maybe that's changing, but it hasn't yet, thus my
  skepticism.  Opening a ticket?  The page jumps all over the place as you
  type dynamically loading the same suggested help article 10 times
  (Firefox).  Finding a DID?  7 seconds to load the country list, then
  another 5 to load a list of DIDs, paginated into oblivion.  Maybe most
  people don't use your website to buy, but I do, and that slowness and
  not-well-thought-out user interface is what grates.

  There is a constant lack of polish in what DIDx does, across all of your
  different sites and businesses, and it has stayed that way since I signed
  up sometime in the last 2-4 years.  Things work, though seemingly just
  barely.  I assume with 35 companies, there isn't a lot of time spent on
  making it work well, just to get it to work quickly.  And that shows.  And
  that sort of lack of effort in getting things done well and polished and
  stable is what keeps me from doing more business with DIDx.

  Maybe that's your business model, and if it works for you, great.  It is a
  real turn-off to me.

> We created the minimum to keep the service at a reasonable wholesale level
> and so that we are not competing with our members who sell directly as well
> as on DIDX.

  As I said, I understand the motivation.  But I don't need 50 Ohio numbers,
  and based on sales, neither do my customers.  If you'll take $15/month
  minimum (50 Toledo DIDs), change your minimum to $15/month so I don't have
  to deal with all those useless Ohio numbers.