[asterisk-biz] DIDX Query (Dan Journo)

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Fri Nov 5 08:40:47 CDT 2010

On 11/05/2010 09:20 AM, Suzanne Bowen wrote:

> 8. Regarding Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
> <http://evaristesys.com>'s remarks on Thu Nov 4 13:56:19 CDT 2010
> including the following ...
> "The debasement, cultural Third Worldisation, and used car salesmanship
> of the VoIP origination business presently being ascribed to DIDX in
> this thread is a real story, consisting of real thoughts by real people
> that is a useful data point from an empirical perspective.  Everyone is,
> of course, free to make their own judgments and  purchasing decisions.
>   However, there is clearly sufficient consensus around this angle on it
> that it's not just a figment of one disgruntled individual's imagination."
>
> Suzanne’s emotional response (Ack! Bring back the usually quite rational
> Suzanne!):
> http://suzanne.supertec.com/2010/11/when-going-gets-tough-tough-cry-little.html.

I am perplexed by this response.  The term "cultural Third Worldisation"
is not a catch-all racial or ethnic epithet;  it was very deliberately
selected to refer to the phenomenon of movement from a more developed
marketplace to a less developed one.

"Third Worldisation" is often used by economists, for example, as a
perfectly legitimate and politically correct referent of deteriorating
labour market conditions, work conditions, legal atmosphere, or wages in
the US/Canada/Europe/Australia/NZ/Japan.  When the term is used that
way, it is used to mean "backsliding";  we gained something before, and
now there are forces at work trying to roll back those gains.

That is precisely what I meant, and I stand by it.

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems LLC