[asterisk-biz] USF payments

SIP sip at arcdiv.com
Tue Mar 2 18:58:52 CST 2010

I understand paying USF. That's not an issue.

But, and I will quote the regulations that were quoted to me:

"All telecommunications service providers and certain other providers of
telecommunications must contribute to the federal USF based on a
percentage of their INTERSTATE and INTERNATIONAL end-user
telecommunications revenues."

Anything that doesn't fall under the umbrella of interstate or
international telecommunication revenue (i.e. E911 connectivity charges,
DID monthly charges not involving traffic) do NOT fall under the purview
of valid USF.   Charging a flat rate for ALL money added to the prepay
account makes them money, surely, but it's not valid USF charges.

It also was never mentioned to us. This is the first month this has ever
happened, and it's sudden, without notification, and without contractual
modifications.

It's bad enough that they charge for International termination from the
start of a call (not from when it's answered), but now they're charging
a percentage of their own fees as, essentially, fees.

N.