[asterisk-biz] Credit processing ...

Rob Rothberg rrothberg at gmail.com
Sun May 3 09:28:32 CDT 2009

Dennis, they have been phenomenally responsive, I expect part of that comes
from the fact it's a smaller company and they can afford to pay a bit more
attention to their customers.  When I had a serious issue, I was able to
email their CTO directly, but again the disclaimer is that I somewhat 'knew'
the guy from an online car forum, though I had never chatted with him
directly.  My company wrote a B2B WaaS based collections product and we'd
sell the service to companies who already had merchant accounts, many of
them fortune 500, so we simply could not tell them they needed to go get
themselves another merchant account.  And because they were already paying a
percentage on each transaction, we needed to make sure the solution was
cheap and wouldn't tack on as a further percentage.  I spent 2 months trying
to find a provider who wasn't trying to sell me a merchant account.  I still
get calls today from some of those clowns who no matter HOW many times I
told them I didn't want one, didn't seem to get it.  I liked the fact with
NMI, I could mark up a number of things and it was invisible to our
customers (again, monthly fee, per transaction fee and implementation fee).

In one instance with NMI, we had a customer who's merchant account did not
support any of the transaction platforms NMI supported, NMI managed to work
directly with them and their merchant account provider and got them up and
running within a week.

Let me see if I can find a list of the payment processors they supported
when I last checked (about 6-8 months ago).... nope, can't find it, you'll
have to email them, but we only once encountered someone who had a merchant
account that didn't use a processor they supported and they fixed that in a
week.

They also did a number of other things we needed but you likely don't
(rebranded web portals, reoccuring billing, etc and they are PCI DSS Level 1
compliant).

Again, I have no interest in the company, I'm no longer even with the
company that used them, I was just the guy that put in all the work to find
the solution and owned the relationship with them.
They have the usual documentation available on how to integrate your own
apps with theirs, if I recall, it could be as easy as an HTTP POST over SSL
or they had a more complex API for people who needed some advanced
functionality.