[asterisk-biz] Google's voice product [OT]

Mitul Limbani mitul at enterux.com
Tue Mar 17 15:02:29 CDT 2009

Sorry for top posting.

Yeah even I have been thinking as to how long a company survive on a
business model such as google or even for that matter $19/month
unlimited us,ca,uk landline etc (vonage style)

Vonage style also needs a substantial user base which needs run into
few millions before they want to start seeing profits, their
termination vendors would be charging them something for sure for
every call, no matter how big the volume would be, coz termination
vendors main source of income percentage wise is still Voice (although
VAS does contribute to their bottom line but not more then 25%-40% )

So its surely is something to wait and watch ( some time back skype
was also offering unlimited free calls into US/CA, I don't till how
long they were able to sustain)

Interesting thread and we shall see a lot of insights from different
people, having benefits for all community members for sure.

Regards,
Mitul Limbani,
Founder & CEO,
Enterux Solutions Pvt Ltd,