[asterisk-biz] London +44 020 0xxx xxxx New?

Chris Bagnall lists at minotaur.cc
Fri Jun 5 11:54:04 CDT 2009

>   So the answer is: Any 020 number is London.

What's particularly interesting is that it's not just the punters who don't seem to know the correct dialling codes for London. We've had reports from clients with 020 3 numbers saying that they can't be dialled from certain networks in the USA, Switzerland and Australia, to name but a few.

I did a brief survey on this a couple of months ago on the asterisk-users list, and asked people from a range of countries to dial a test 020 3 number I'd set up and leave a voicemail. Nearly 50% of respondents were unable to successfully dial the number, despite, as you say, it has been a part of the UK numbering plan since 2005.

>   Can anyone confirm that 0200 numbers are now being handed out?  I can't
>   find any documentation that actively discusses the new phase of numbers.

I can confirm we are able to allocate 020 0 numbers to clients, but we've not had anyone specifically request such a number.

Regards,

Chris