[asterisk-biz] help - anyone good navigating the requirements for e911

Eric Fort eric.fort at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 21:53:20 CDT 2009

help - anyone good navigating the requirements for e911.  I'm having
trouble in California ordering dry DSL, data services, or even pots
services due to the phone company (Verizon) requiring a street number
for the physical address.  I know where the parcel is and can point it
out on the assessors parcel map, engineering knows where the parcel is
and we agree where service should go but it is claimed that even for
DATA there is an e911 and CPUC requirement that a street number be
tied to the circuit/cable&pair which seems to me to be completly
preposterous.  The parcel has no address and I'd like to keep it that
way.  Any help or suggestions in negotiating the regs and getting
Verizon to actually take an order for service would be appreciated.  I
want to put a sip based * there.

Eric Fort
FortConslting