[asterisk-biz] help - anyone good navigating the requirements for e911

Trevor Hammonds trevor at concipient.net
Wed Jul 29 08:32:03 CDT 2009

On 28 Jul 2009, Eric Fort <eric.fort at gmail.com> wrote:
> help - anyone good navigating the requirements for e911.  I'm having
> trouble in California ordering dry DSL, data services, or even pots
> services due to the phone company (Verizon) requiring a street number
> for the physical address.  I know where the parcel is and can point it
> out on the assessors parcel map, engineering knows where the parcel is
> and we agree where service should go but it is claimed that even for
> DATA there is an e911 and CPUC requirement that a street number be
> tied to the circuit/cable&pair which seems to me to be completly
> preposterous.  The parcel has no address and I'd like to keep it that
> way.  Any help or suggestions in negotiating the regs and getting
> Verizon to actually take an order for service would be appreciated.  I
> want to put a sip based * there.
>
> Eric Fort
> FortConslting

Eric,

A 911 address is required by CPUC rules for any circuit delivered by
the LEC.  This is not necessarily a street address that the USPS would
use, and you are not required to use it yourself.  I suggest you
contact the agency that operates the PSAP for that property and ask
for their assistance.  At a minimum, they can get you an
MSAG-qualified address for Verizon.

If you need any assistance, please sent me a message off list.

Sincerely,
Trevor Hammonds