[asterisk-biz] DIDX sponsored Asterisk room at Astricon and the economic crisis

Nitzan Kon nk3569 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 22 04:33:55 CST 2009

--- On Thu, 1/22/09, Frank Rentz <voipfuntimes at gmail.com> wrote:

> Once in a while I have a suggestion. Mine for today is that it
> is hard to believe DIDX is charging their vendors when they
> pay them. Read the exhorbitant (msp?) fees assessed in the
> payment to vendors section at http://www.didx.net/terms/.

I don't see any exorbitant fees. Sure, their ACH and wire transfer
fees are relatively high, but it does make sense if they want to
limit the number of times a vendor requests payment.

I seriously doubt DIDx is making much money from this clause,
as it's probably more of a cost recovery than anything.

> I wonder what Voxbone, Tollfreeforwarding, and Arbinet charge
> their vendors? Is this a common practice in business?

I don't know about the other ones, but as far as Arbinet goes
the amount of money they want just for "setup" and "member fee"
exceeds anything DIDx would ever charge. They could give you
wire tansfers free for a lifetime and you will still not make
up for the "setup" fee.

Speaking of Arbinet- anyone here with experience with them can
recommend for or against them? I like the low pricing on some
of the routes I saw, but they charge a commission on top of
that, and will not provide a test or money-back guarantee. I'm
a bit worried to plunk a 5-digit sum for something that might
not work or have bad quality.

Please feel free to email me privately if you don't want to
go public with this information.

-- Nitzan
http://www.comparevoipproviderrates.com/
http://www.future-nine.com/