[asterisk-biz] DIDX sponsored Asterisk room at Astricon and the economic crisis

Frank Rentz voipfuntimes at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 03:56:07 CST 2009

I am a fan of DIDX because of what it has accomplished since 2005 to make it
easier to start and run a voip business. I've known the cofounders since
2001. It sponsored the Asterisk Developers Area at the Astricon in 2008. I
am sure that was several grand spent. I never heard them brag about this
large gesture toward us all. You probably did not know they did.

I study everything they do. I study everything and everyone I can that is
akin to and supports open source telephony. I can easily praise several
aspects of DIDX in particular. Once in a while I have a suggestion. Mine for
today is that it is hard to believe DIDX is charging their vendors when they
pay them. Read the exhorbitant (msp?) fees assessed in the payment to
vendors section at http://www.didx.net/terms/. I never noticed this before.
Does anyone know how long they have been doing this?I hope they reconsider
this. I wonder what Voxbone, Tollfreeforwarding, and Arbinet charge their
vendors? Is this a common practice in business?

Is this an effort to meet the current global economic crisis? Or an effort
to have enough money to sponsor the Asterisk Developers Area this year?
Back to my Twilight Zones eppies on Hulu,
Frank R.