[asterisk-biz] OT: Paying people in faraway (Western) places.

Nitzan Kon nk3569 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 8 02:09:07 CST 2009

--- On Thu, 1/8/09, randulo <spamsucks2005 at gmail.com> wrote:

> We have a contractor in the UK and I am in Europe. Since
> the UK is not in the Euro, they make it as hard as possible,
> but we ended up using Google Checkout. Our guy opened an
> account (he had some problem about Paypal which is pretty
> much the same method) and he bills us by sending a link to
> the online "invoice" chez Google. This seems to wok fine.

When you use Google Checkout, they take a 2% fee out of
anything you transfer. Assuming Alex was paying his guy
$50k a year we're talking $1000 just to transfer him the
money.

If the money is wired instead using Xoom for example, it'll
cost $5 to send, and probably another $15 or so to receive,
for a total of $20 a month - or $240 a year.