[asterisk-biz] OT: Paying people in faraway (Western) places.

randulo spamsucks2005 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 02:59:49 CST 2009

On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 9:09 AM, Nitzan Kon <nk3569 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> When you use Google Checkout, they take a 2% fee out of
> anything you transfer. Assuming Alex was paying his guy
> $50k a year we're talking $1000 just to transfer him the
> money.

I somehow assumed it wasn't a huge sum. Otherwise, you can talk to
your bank and they can do international transfers. In the most recent
thing we did in the USA, I just sent a personal check. Although I have
a US bank, I have also sent European checks to the USA, IOW, even if
you do not do a transfer (incoming wire, which banks will often charge
$15-$25 for) it is usually possible to deposit a check in an account
with the bank doing the monetary conversion. Like everyone else,
they'll take a taste to do this. The dollar is pretty weak against the
pound sterling though, so whatever you do it will probably tend to be
expensive. That's why we outsource to the emerging bad economy of the
USA. With the euro at 1$1.36 it's a bargain! :)

/r