[asterisk-biz] Experimental/new VoIP rate search engine.

Nitzan Kon nk3569 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 4 23:02:45 CST 2009

--- On Sun, 1/4/09, Alex Balashov <abalashov at evaristesys.com> wrote:

> Many of them have claimed they lose a ton of money from
> accounting problems caused by the unreliability of signaling
> (as though SIP doesn't have reliable retransmission of transactional
> messages or something) but they've never shown me any numbers to
> substantiate that.

OK, here's some statistics for the month of December for
the carrier in question:

Our record shows:
100,504 calls
130,740:27 minutes total

Their record shows:
100,161 calls (probably just time difference here
179,811.28 minutes total

Their record shows total rate charged $229 higher than what
our billing system determined we SHOULD have been charged.
In other words- $229 extra have been charged due to signaling
problems - and this is just one month.

I used to ask them for refunds for these but to be honest it's
such a PITA that I just gave up and started routing most of
our traffic to other carriers.

Bad billing is bad for business no matter how great your
call quality is. :)

-- Nitzan
http://www.comparevoipproviderrates.com/