[asterisk-biz] Experimental/new VoIP rate search engine.

SIP sip at arcdiv.com
Sun Jan 4 21:46:18 CST 2009

Nitzan Kon wrote:
> I totally agree, and have the same fear of bait & switch tactics.
>
> One thought I had to prevent this is to let providers know that
> a condition for being placed/displayed on the site will be
> "static" rates where once submitted rates will have to be valid
> for at least a month. And any provider caught bait & switching
> will be permanently banned with a public mention of the reason
> for the ban.

One note on this: we've worked with three different providers over the
last 2 years that change their rates (and rate centers) weekly. Every
single WEEK, we get a list of new rates and rate centers. The rate
center change is the hardest to keep up with -- with a country going
from 2 rate centers to 50 to 10 to 80 to 5 over the course of weeks. It
makes it next to impossible to keep track of actual RATES to
destinations (and mind-numbingly complex for billing, which is one of
the reasons we moved away from these providers for anything other than
secondary and tertiary routing in the case of a disaster).

Would such providers be automatically banned or would there be some sort
of extenuating circumstances based on business model? Not, mind you,
that I ever foresee such providers as displaying their pricing to anyone
(especially since their pricing falls under copious NDAs for potential
CLIENTS, much less for the general public).

N.