[asterisk-biz] Experimental/new VoIP rate search engine.

Nitzan Kon nk3569 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 4 14:36:02 CST 2009

I totally agree, and have the same fear of bait & switch tactics.

One thought I had to prevent this is to let providers know that
a condition for being placed/displayed on the site will be
"static" rates where once submitted rates will have to be valid
for at least a month. And any provider caught bait & switching
will be permanently banned with a public mention of the reason
for the ban.

We'll have some sort of complaint mailbox where users can vent
if the rates displayed don't match the actual rate. And since
I don't like the idea of babysitting rate lists, this will be
another bannable offense - i.e. if you accidentally submitted
a rate list that doesn't match actual rates we'll take it down
until you submit a corrected one. If it looks like you did it
on purpose to deceive potential customers, ban.

Another thing I think would be good is a requirement to have
a history in business. Doesn't have to be years, but a few
months at least and some publically available reviews to make
sure it's not a fly-by-night operation.

Will think of more later on. :)