[asterisk-biz] Plonking Tier 1 SIP Providers?

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Thu Feb 19 11:43:09 CST 2009

Going further, there are legitimate uses for being able to send "any"
number.

With a Global X'ing TDM DS3 I was able to set the caller ID to anything I
wanted, provided it was ten digits.

The call center was a large scale direct response marketing company (read as
inbound only).

They decided to take on third parties for the third shift as well as to
handle Spanish speaking callers.

This was done via Trunk to Trunk with the outbound caller ID set to a linear
GUID.  From that, we could match up recordings of specific calls as well as
provide the ability to reconcile minutes, sales, and commissions, as well as
the usual call center metrics such as abandoned calls, average queue time,
talk time, and whatever else.

The above was a great tool and a totally legitimate use.  The door swung
both ways, it kept the 3rd parties honest and served as a check and balance
to our own CRM figures.

--
Thanks,
Steve Totaro