[asterisk-biz] Free DIDs

Trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Sun Aug 16 12:39:01 CDT 2009

On Sun, 2009-08-16 at 13:30 -0400, Alex Balashov wrote:
> Trixter aka Bret McDanel wrote:
>
> > I am all for people advertising unlimited  if it really is unlimited.  I
> > just dont think they should say that if its not.  Nor do I think people
> > should say "sign up today and get a $1,000,00 check"  and then in the
> > TOS say that the check will be voided before being mailed.
>
> The problem is that what you're really challenging is a much larger
> nexus of narratives ingrained in the discourse - the observational
> language of marketing, and, dare I say, the metaphysics of consumerism.

to a point its fradulent, and to a point its unfair to those that really
do offer unlimited service to have to compete against people that claim
it but have no intention of offering it.

The people want it, some are able to provide it, others cant/wont so
they just lie about it or use trickery by hiding the definition (which
is opposite to the ordinary meaning of the word).

I think people would have similar outrage to an auto maker saying that
you can get 100mpg on an suv*

*if the SUV is dropped from space and gravity+inertia does all the work

Although that is somewhat more honest, even though its just as
misleading.  In that instance they are not redefining a word to mean the
opposite.

As for the more bars, you didnt mention the 1:35 have been in the system
at some point in their life :)

pgp key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x8AE5C721