[asterisk-biz] rate center lookup

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Thu Sep 18 08:04:46 CDT 2008

Trixter aka Bret McDanel wrote:

> Does anyone have a 10 letter rate center -> human name database?  This
> info should be easier to locate but it seems that it is not as easy as I
> would like it.
>
> I noticed in the rather large database I started (and now astbill.com
> hosts) has a bunch of rate center names instead of cities and wanted to
> fix that.
>
> I have tried a couple of tools that claim to provide this and so far
> none of them have proper data and I really dont want to spend hundreds
> on a list of names for something I am giving away free.

The LERG might have those translations.  I also don't recall whether the
standard NANPA spreadsheet uses 10-letter or human names.  Find it at
www.nanpa.com under CO utilisation reports.

If you are just interested in making individual queries from time to
time, www.localcallingguide.com will probably let you put in 10-letter
names and get the human names out of them (which it uses by default).
They even have an XML query interface.  But I wouldn't build any
applications that do bulk queries.

-- Alex

--
Alex Balashov