[asterisk-biz] Assistance with RFP

Bryan M. Johns bryan at sheltonjohns.com
Thu Sep 11 19:11:04 CDT 2008

I would recommend breaking apart your SIP switching from your
voicemail, conferencing and other advanced apps in an install of that
size.  Asterisk Business Edition on a high-end 2970 or so could handle
that many seats in one server, but would not scale to the customer's
request.

Consider a three server design.  1 OpenSER SIP switch, 1 Asterisk
Voicemail and Conferencing unit and 1 CDR aggregation, call recording
and reporting platform.

Bryan M. Johns
Shelton | Johns
FindMe: 678.229.1809