[asterisk-biz] Assistance with RFP

Mike Hammett asterisk-biz at ics-il.net
Wed Sep 10 21:32:18 CDT 2008

I'm going to be working on a VoIP PBX RFP.  The requestor is looking for approximately 550 handsets to start with and would like to be able to scale up to 10k handsets (I can't imagine how they'd be using 10k of them, but they ask).  I'm guessing maybe 2x PRIs worth of traffic externally, couldn't be much more than that internally.  Of course scalability here is desired if they want to know how to scale to 10k handsets.

I'm looking for suggestions on the PBX itself.  I can take care of the handsets (I'm Polycom certified) and the PSTN.

Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions
http://www.ics-il.com