[asterisk-biz] Assistance with RFP

Alistair Cunningham acunningham at integrics.com
Fri Sep 12 03:50:31 CDT 2008

On Sep 10, 2008, at 10:32 PM, Mike Hammett wrote:
> I'm going to be working on a VoIP PBX RFP.  The requestor is looking
> for approximately 550 handsets to start with and would like to be able
> to scale up to 10k handsets (I can't imagine how they'd be using 10k
> of them, but they ask).  I'm guessing maybe 2x PRIs worth of traffic
> externally, couldn't be much more than that internally.  Of course
> scalability here is desired if they want to know how to scale to 10k
> handsets.
>
> I'm looking for suggestions on the PBX itself.  I can take care of the
> handsets (I'm Polycom certified) and the PSTN.

Mike,

Enswitch will scale to this level and well beyond. Please see:

http://integrics.com/products/enswitch/

It's primarily aimed at hosted PBX providers, ITSPs, and other
commercial telephony services, so will have a lot of billing and
customer management features your customer is unlikely to need, but
these are easily ignored. It has the advantage that it's in widespread
production today with large customers, and handles the problems of
scalability and failover/redundancy.

If you're interested in talking further, please give me a call on either
of the numbers below, or drop me an email off-list.

Alistair Cunningham
+1 888 468 3111
+44 20 799 39 799
http://integrics.com/