[asterisk-biz] How to live in this world without job

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Tue Nov 11 10:39:37 CST 2008

Steve Totaro wrote:

> You have to wear many hats, price yourself correctly, turn away
> customers that are going to be trouble, CYA, and save during good months
> to cover bad months.....  BUT it does cover "How to live in this world
> without job" in a way that can be actionable immediately, while looking
> for a "Job".

Yeah, I get that, and it makes sense.

It's just that like anything else, it depends on the situation;  if you
get involved in a freelance project it may undermine your ability to
look for a job if you have to travel or otherwise commit yourself, or
vice versa.  And so on and so forth.

I would encourage all people to follow a purposeful strategy rather than
seizing whatever opportunities are available simply at this moment and
appear to hold out promise of some money.  Of course, if you're broke,
you don't have many options, but if you're not, you can create big
inefficiencies and misallocations of your resources and your time
dabbling in things you really can't pursue indefinitely.

--
Alex Balashov
Evariste Systems