[asterisk-biz] ANI

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Mon May 12 17:30:38 CDT 2008

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 6:22 PM, Steve Totaro
<stotaro at totarotechnologies.com> wrote:
> Setting up a drone Asterisk box to take hundreds of thousands of FTP
>  .call files at 3AM (by each time zone) and play pro Hillary Clinton
>  campaign messages (or whoever you don't like), obviously spoofing
>  her/his campaign headquarters caller ID and ANI.
>
>  Obtaining a new credit card from someone's mailbox with the sticker to
>  call from your home phone to activate the card.  Spoof their Caller ID
>  and ANI, activate, and buy some cool gadgets or whatever people do
>  with cards that don't belong to them.
>
>  Setting CallerID/ANI to clients', girlfriends', bosses' cell phone and
>  call until voicemail picks up, if no PIN is set, I have full control
>  of their voicemail (and could possibly call out, I will have to test
>  that with the call back option.  Then someone could really have some
>  fun depending on what messages they have saved)
>
>  So many exploits.....
>
>  Thanks,
>  Steve Totaro

Ah, another couple.

If someone has a court order stop contacting a person due to stalking
or whatever, one could spoof their caller ID/ANI and get that person
locked up for violating the court order.

Spoof caller ID/ANI and call in some sort of threat.

A competing company could find a bunch of people on the do not call
list and then spoof their caller ID/ANI to the competitor and
repeatedly call them with a bogus, better yet, prerecorded sales
message after or before the allowable telemarketing times, thus
violating three laws at the least.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro