[asterisk-biz] ANI

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Mon May 12 19:26:35 CDT 2008

PSTN call routing isn't magic.  There are ways to track this sort of
thing down if necessary, and neither ANI nor caller ID play an
indispensable role in the anatomy of such investigative endeavours.

There is a whole host of data dumped into internal CDRs accessible via
switch craft interfaces and softswitch / big-iron EMSs that admits of
internal PRI trunks and cross-connects, TCICs from private and ILEC
tandem interconnection SS7 IMTs, and various other such things.