[asterisk-biz] ITSP Billing Increments....?

Mitul Limbani mitul at enterux.com
Fri Mar 28 04:02:26 CDT 2008

Hi Doug,

Quoting Douglas Garstang <dougmig33 at yahoo.com>:

> So, I have a general question.
>
> What billing increments do ITSP's who terminate SIP->PSTN normally bill in?
>
> We've been using carriers that bill 1/1, and the quality hasn't been
> too good, lots of 503's etc. We just started testing with someone
> else that offers much better ASR's (they failover internally between
> qwest, global crossing etc), but they bill 30/6. According to THEM,
> only companies that can't offer top quality routes bill 1/1.
>
> What's the deal here? Is this true?

Well unless you are talking to TIER 1 Carriers (AT&T, Verizon, Level3,
MCI) you are talking to middle men, who may promise 1/1 but would give
a real hard time on ASRs.

Also as you may see, its all mathematics 30/6 and they can route you
through different carriers (mebbe sometimes even on premium routes, coz
their math allow them to do so.)

Again, the good ol saying is still true - "You get wat you pay for !!"

Thanks & Regards,
Mitul Limbani,
Founder & CEO,
Enterux Solutions,