[asterisk-biz] ITSP Billing Increments....?

Yair Hakak yair at hakak.com
Fri Mar 28 02:07:51 CDT 2008

hi,
 first of all, as far as i know, there are a lot of short calls. think
of all the calls that end in a voicemail box where the caller doesn't
leave a message. There is a lot of slack in 30 second minimums.

and, historically, 6/6 was used because 6 seconds is 10% of a minute -
it just makes the billing much easier - move the decimal point over 1
digit and that's it. 1/60 = 0.0166 (bar) which makes for one fugly
increment and means everything has to be rounded to reach a number
that doesn't have an infinite fraction at the end of it.

-yair