[asterisk-biz] Call Recording System information request

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Tue Jul 1 07:06:33 CDT 2008

On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 11:06 PM, Matt Florell <astmattf at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> That depends on the capabilities of the system that you are passing
> the calls through to. If it logs the channel and time then it is easy
> to match up the calls to their recordings. If not, then you have a
> problem.
>
> In the end, the best decision is to move to an all-Asterisk solution
> of some kind. But there are options is that is not possible.

The Definity systems I have worked on did not have that ability.

Going all Asterisk was kind of the route I was suggesting without
suggesting it outright.

Taking small steps in that direction.  Most people that have Definity
systems (in my experience) do not want to migrate away since the have
such a large investment in their gear already.

When they realize that by adding Asterisk in the middle, they can take
advantage of VoIP and all things Asterisk, it begins to become a no
brainer to stop buying/replacing the digital sets for the Definity
with Polycom (or whatever) SIP phones and hang them right off the
Asterisk box, or get the admin staff on Polycoms and give them an
"Upgrade".  Remote agents.....

Thanks,
Steve T

Thanks,