[asterisk-biz] Operator Console design

Andres Paglayan andres at paglayan.com
Tue Jan 22 10:05:21 CST 2008

On Jan 22, 2008, at 7:01 AM, Lee Jenkins wrote:

> Chris Bagnall wrote:
>> Greetings list,
>>
>> Does anyone out there fancy some work doing some Flash Operator
>> Panel console layouts for our clients? (or can recommend and
>> configure an alternative to FOP)
>>
>> My graphic design/layout skills suck, and I need to do an operator
>> console for a 50-seat install fairly urgently.
>>
>> If this one goes well, we have 2 100-seat installs coming up next
>> month that'll also need consoles, so this could become a regular
>> thing for someone interested and skilled in the area.
>>
>> Also looking for suggestions of other operator console packages to
>> consider (either commercial or GPL - don't mind) from folks who've
>> deployed operator consoles in the past.
>>
>> Could interested parties please contact me off-list with a rough
>> price estimate for the work and your hourly rate for other bits
>> and pieces. All SIP accounts already exist on the server and we
>> have a full mapping of SIP accounts to names.
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Chris
>
> I wrote one a little while back:
>
> http://www.datatrakpos.com/pos/datatalk/maestro.aspx
>
> Client later decided that it should be cross platform so I'm in the
> process of
> re-writing it.

I know it's lame to comment on somebody else work when one has no scoop,
so accept my appos beforehand,
...but, now that you are at it,

Did you consider using XUL?

A kick-butt architecture for this can be something like a XUL app on
the client,
and Rails at the backend,

I like from the hud how they manage the "units" for each extension,
very easy to replicate in XUL, and very easy for rails to respond to
them

> At any rate, it's a bit different that others I've seen because
> there are no
> predefined functionality.  You give it life by defining simple AMI
> command
> templates that it executes in response to UI events.

UI send asynchronous to Rails
and refreshes each "extension unit"