[asterisk-biz] IAX trunking in china

Nitzan Kon nk3569 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 8 14:50:55 CST 2008

--- Andy Davidson <andy at nosignal.org> wrote:

> Yes - but being a very open and fluid market, this is normally quick

> to arrange and inexpensive compared with organising capacity into a
> private colo centre that is not so neutral.

Yep, makes sense. :)

> Yes, but depending on the structure of your network, at such
> facilities you can regularly attain settlement-free exchange of
> internet traffic with networks you have significant data to.

What incentive would they have to do that though? If it passes on their
networks it costs them money, yet as a VoIP provider I don't have any
routes they can pass to free of charge too.

> Check out the customer lists of the big carrier hotels, there are
> plenty of voip, traditional tdm, and internet service providers
> listed - so it's working for most ;-)

Yep- I noticed the customer list, which is exactly why I asked that. :)

Thanks for the answers, though!

  -- Nitzan