[asterisk-biz] Paranoia, Dell & 3COM

Ron Joffe rjoffe at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 5 07:46:46 CST 2008

On Tuesday 05 February 2008 00:50, John Williams wrote:
> - Hard Drive Size for open source * or *BE?
You can't find a small enough hard drive :). But seriously, in our case it
depends on the amount of online message recording that we want to keep. We
utilize 146GB SAS drives in a Raid 1.

> -  # of Gps Ethernet ports  (1 or 2? )  (I noticed one poster using one
> port for incoming calls and 2nd port for outgoing calls)

2950 comes with 2 gigE ports on board.

> - Any value to 4 GB Ram?
Memory has gone down so far in price recently, that we spec all of our servers
with 8GB.

> - How many PCI slots in this beast?
2950 has two separate riser slots. We configure slot 1 with PCIe and slot 2
with 2 PCIe. But you can also get PCI-X as well.