[asterisk-biz] Paranoia, Dell & 3COM

Ron Joffe rjoffe at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 4 09:00:13 CST 2008

On Monday 04 February 2008 09:04, John Williams wrote:
> --  Dell is our preferred PC vendor.  Can anyone recommend, based on actual
> experience, a Dell PC model for *, and 48 concurrent calls?  (The Dell
> recommended models on the Wiki are out of date)

Our current spec for an IVR based platform is:

Dell 2950
  Dual Quad Procs (2.33Ghz)
  8GB Ram
  Dual 146GB 15K SAS Drives

This easily handles 96 calls (Quad PRI) utilizing dual TE200B's.

We have 10 of these identical systems in production. I would be happy to help
you with pricing as we are a dell reseller.

Ron