[asterisk-biz] Looking for a good stateside VoIP provider...

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Sun Aug 17 11:41:30 CDT 2008

On Sun, Aug 17, 2008 at 11:31 AM, Michael S. White
<mwhite at e4strategies.com> wrote:
> We've been looking @ Vitelity and Teliax- can't seem to get teliax working
> properly with our * boxes so they are probably out.
>
> Internally we use...
>
> Switchvox
> Asterisk Business Edition
>
> Factors:
>
> Need 10+ Channels
> Reasonable rates- Not looking for the "Cheapest" necessarily
> Reliability - Any user stories are appreciated (looking for feedback from
> actual customers)
> Good to Great Customer Service (looking for feedback from actual customers)
>
> Lastly - If there are any .e4 resellers out there that are pitching services
> and can bring a good option to the table we'd gladly become your customer
> too.
>

> Michael S. White
> .e4 | 877-4E4-VoIP | 231-668-4285 DID | mwhite at e4strategies.com
> Positioned at the Intersection of Business and Strategy
> www.8774e4VoIP.com
> www.e4voip.com
>
> PS- Need to start testing ASAP-

I have been using JunctionNetworks for a few months and they have
great service all the way around, but they are probably one of the
most expensive as well.  Since you get what you pay for in this case,
I am happy to pay the premium.  I have "unlimited" channels, so long
as I do not saturate an area or initiate calls faster than one per
second unless it is a small burst.

Bandwidth.com is also very good.

I have used Vitelity for testing and mainly use their DID failover for
a few toll free numbers that I have bought from them.  They seem OK as
far as service but I don't get the feeling that they are of the same
caliber as the above.  Vitelity wanted me to sign up as a reseller or
something to get the capability to use a large number of channels.

Gafachi was worse.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro