[asterisk-biz] Looking for a good stateside VoIP provider...

Peter Beckman beckman at angryox.com
Sun Aug 17 15:06:26 CDT 2008

On Sun, 17 Aug 2008, Steve Totaro wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 17, 2008 at 11:31 AM, Michael S. White
> <mwhite at e4strategies.com> wrote:
>> We've been looking @ Vitelity and Teliax- can't seem to get teliax working
>> properly with our * boxes so they are probably out.
>
> I have used Vitelity for testing and mainly use their DID failover for
> a few toll free numbers that I have bought from them.  They seem OK as
> far as service but I don't get the feeling that they are of the same
> caliber as the above.  Vitelity wanted me to sign up as a reseller or
> something to get the capability to use a large number of channels.

  I've found Vitelity as good as DIDs from Junction; haven't used
  Bandwidth.com.  Vitelity is very responsive, has reasonable rates, and
  when there is a problem (like when PacEast went under), they paid to port
  every single number to another provider, without cost to me, and with
  minimal downtime.  They've kept my business for 2.5 years now, and I
  continue to recommend them.

  To be fair, I don't have very many DIDs from Junction, mostly due to their
  high setup cost ($7 setup, $2/month for most DIDs), but the ones I do have
  worked without issue for several years as well, and have been very
  responsive, and do offer a good level of phone support for the extra cost.
  I prefer Vitelity, but Junction is great as well.

Beckman