[asterisk-biz] GSM Gateway / Wireless Terminal GSM 850/900/1800/1900/UMTS(3G) From £39.99 only

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Sat Apr 19 09:52:56 CDT 2008

Andy,

At risk of beating a dead horse even more I will try to clarify what
"people" consider "spam".

The asterisk-biz list is the correct place to post Asterisk related
software, hardware, and services.

That being the case, a GSM gateway hardware posting here is not
considered spam.  It can be used in an Asterisk and be very useful in
an Asterisk setup.  In some war torn parts of West Africa (and I
suspect many other places) cellular is the only operating phone
service.

Now, if he posted about a GPS solution that has absolutely nothing to
do with Asterisk, that would be spam, whether he made his own thread
or hijacked someone else's.

If he posted the same thing every day, multiple times a day, that
would be frowned upon too.

Finally, if he used some sort of software (or even by hand) to harvest
email addresses from this list and sent emails directly to the
recipients, bypassing this list, that is definitely considered spam
and probably generally considered the worst kind.

Spam post test:
1.  Does it relate to Asterisk somehow? (Yes, continue.  No, spam)
2.  Are you posting the same thing repeatedly? (Yes, spam.  No, continue)
3.  Are you collecting email addresses and emailing people directly?
(Yes, spam.  No, Continue)

I think it may be as simple as above.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro