[asterisk-biz] Pulver media in trouble ?

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Sun Apr 6 23:00:18 CDT 2008

On 4/6/08, Gregory Boehnlein <damin at nacs.net> wrote:
> > As I have said, I have a very good friend with a two huge auditoriums,
> > many separate rooms, 64 acres of land, several houses on his farm,
> > T1s, FiOS, a complete POP room, and WiFI everywhere.  The same guy
> > owns a resaurant.
> >
> > There are a good many good restuarants or fast food withing a few
> > minutes driving time and all the hotels are cheap.
> >
> > I guess you don't really get the concept of grassroots.
>
> No. I get it. Ohio Linuxfest started, and is today, a grass roots, all
> volunteer organized conference. Has been since it's inception. It's free to
> attend, and not one person takes a salary from it. It also happens to have
> grown into the largest volunteer organized Open Source conference in the
> Midwest.
>
> So, yes, I'm VERY familiar with the concept of grass roots, raising sponsors
> and all aspects of managing and putting on a tradeshow. It's been my "hobby"
> as one of the key organizers of OLF and one of the ways that I contribute
> back to the community.
>
> If you believe that you are capable of putting on a grass roots Astricon
> styled show, then by all means go for it. You apparently have a location in
> mind, which is a start.
>
> How do you think you'll proceed? Please let the list know if there is
> anything that you need.

I am quite sure it could be pulled off and I would love your help.

As I said, not having some form of Astricon, whether sanctioned by
Digium or not is unacceptable.

I am waiting on the reply for the "Farm".  Without that, it makes
things MUCH harder because of costs, but I have a feeling I might get
a "yes".

Anyways, if people are not open to the idea or there is some other
form of Astricon put on by Sokol or Digium, then I would not compete
against it unless there was some good speakers on the East Coast that
would prefer to stay local.  Not sure what the head count would need
to be but I would say a hundred or two with good speakers would make a
good Astricon.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro