[asterisk-biz] Pulver media in trouble ?

Gregory Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Sun Apr 6 18:21:52 CDT 2008

> As I have said, I have a very good friend with a two huge auditoriums,
> many separate rooms, 64 acres of land, several houses on his farm,
> T1s, FiOS, a complete POP room, and WiFI everywhere.  The same guy
> owns a resaurant.
>
> There are a good many good restuarants or fast food withing a few
> minutes driving time and all the hotels are cheap.
>
> I guess you don't really get the concept of grassroots.

No. I get it. Ohio Linuxfest started, and is today, a grass roots, all
volunteer organized conference. Has been since it's inception. It's free to
attend, and not one person takes a salary from it. It also happens to have
grown into the largest volunteer organized Open Source conference in the
Midwest.

So, yes, I'm VERY familiar with the concept of grass roots, raising sponsors
and all aspects of managing and putting on a tradeshow. It's been my "hobby"
as one of the key organizers of OLF and one of the ways that I contribute
back to the community.

If you believe that you are capable of putting on a grass roots Astricon
styled show, then by all means go for it. You apparently have a location in
mind, which is a start.

How do you think you'll proceed? Please let the list know if there is
anything that you need.