[asterisk-biz] Solving DTMF issue

Gregory Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Thu Apr 3 21:15:06 CDT 2008

> The version specifically I modified was 1.4.15 but I believe that
> 1.4.17 had the same issues.  Unless there has been work since then on some
of
> these things then its still the same way.
>
> I also noticed that the note by oej only included one of the 3-4 things
> that I noticed werent right.  Anyone can look at this easily with a
> packet sniffer and that is how I did it, largely by comparing a working
> (cisco) stream to the non-working asterisk one and seeing just what was
> different was I able to locate 1 or 2 of the things because it seemed
> right (the rfc indicates that it should be the way the cisco was on
> those particular things).

http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=6667 has lots of discussion regarding the
issues w/ the Asterisk 1.2 DTMF stack. All of the issues that I raised in
that bug report have been fixed in 1.4. Specifically, I was having issues w/
Sonus, Cisco and Altigen at the time.

While 1.4 VLDTMF may not be perfect, it is a huge step in the right
direction. I can now confidently plug Asterisk 1.4 into just about anything
that speaks RFC-2833 and expect it to work. At least, I've not found
anything that breaks like it did w/ 1.2.