[asterisk-biz] Solving DTMF issue

Trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Thu Apr 3 19:44:23 CDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-04-02 at 23:54 -0400, Peter Beckman wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Apr 2008, Trixter aka Bret McDanel wrote:
>
> > dtmf in asterisk (rfc2833) violates the rfc.  There are many switches
> > that usually are only "big carrier types" that do not properly deal with
> > what asterisk sends.  I gave oej specifics as he was doing something
> > relating to a filed bug on this issue.  I even wrote a patch, but until
> > asterisk is no longer released gpl I cant contribute it (personal thing
> > just as some wont contribute unless its gpl I wont contribute if it is).
>
>   Why don't you release your patch under a different license, so I can patch
>   it separately from Asterisk?  I can make modifications to Asterisk, I
>   don't have to make them public.

I went looking earlier today for the bug report, its 10058 iirc, and it
seems that the bug itself was more related to 1.2, there were some
questions about 1.4 in there, and I really didnt pay that much attention
after finding it and it was marked closed.

The version specifically I modified was 1.4.15 but I believe that 1.4.17
had the same issues.  Unless there has been work since then on some of
these things then its still the same way.

I also noticed that the note by oej only included one of the 3-4 things
that I noticed werent right.  Anyone can look at this easily with a
packet sniffer and that is how I did it, largely by comparing a working
(cisco) stream to the non-working asterisk one and seeing just what was
different was I able to locate 1 or 2 of the things because it seemed
right (the rfc indicates that it should be the way the cisco was on
those particular things).

Belfast +44 28 9099 6461        US +1 516 687 5200
   The GPL is a software license not a religion