[asterisk-biz] OT: Licensing preferences

Trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Thu Apr 3 18:50:04 CDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-04-03 at 19:38 -0400, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> where you continued to decline to answer in favor of handwaving.

Ok, it was about my opinion, why do you feel that you can demand an
explanation of my feelings on an off topic subject?

> My observation of the last 30 years of Unix development clearly differs
> from yours, and you clearly don't want to discuss it, so you go right
> along, and I won't ask anymore.

You really should sit back for a while you seemed to have gotten quite
upset over the fact that I did not think to justify my feelings to you.

You have ranted about some 30 years in unix development which has
nothing to do with my feelings on a software license, nor does it have
anything to do with whether or not I should justify them to you.  I also
dont know why a difference in backgrounds (30 years ago I was using
primes for example) matters about whether or not to discuss why I feel
the way I do about the GPL.  This isnt even the proper venue for that
conversation anyway.

Why you are this upset is a real mystery to me, the conversation was
quite calm prior to this, and it was on something that really was just a
personal opinion on a specific software license.

Are you this upset because I dont like the GPL?  That would seem odd,
its not like I was rejecting you personally, denouncing your religion or
anything that way, just saying that I did not like that particular
license.

Belfast +44 28 9099 6461        US +1 516 687 5200