[asterisk-biz] OT: Licensing preferences

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Thu Apr 3 18:38:24 CDT 2008

On Thu, Apr 03, 2008 at 06:15:06PM +0200, Trixter aka Bret McDanel wrote:
> > On the other hand, it may be that you're complaining about *having to
> > assign your copyright to Digium*, which would be an entirely different
> > issue: you would be unhappy that they could then themselves dual-license
> > it commercially.
>
> > Is that the situation that troubles you?
>
> no, did I say that was the situation that troubled me?

You didnt' say *anything* useful, Bret, all the way down to here:

> My reasons for this is all the harm that the gpl causes to open source
> developers and how it makes it harder to be an open source developer.
> In short this is not the appropriate place to discuss how the gpl harms
> open source, so I will just close now.

where you continued to decline to answer in favor of handwaving.

My observation of the last 30 years of Unix development clearly differs
from yours, and you clearly don't want to discuss it, so you go right
along, and I won't ask anymore.

Cheers,
-- jra

	     Those who cast the vote decide nothing.