[asterisk-biz] consultant questions : glad to pay for email reply

Enky asterisk at bgopen.net
Wed Sep 26 09:52:35 CDT 2007

Miles,

I am not sure someone will really help you for 50 USD :)

1. Anyway, be sure, the hardware VoIP phone (SIP or better IAX2) is much
better than any softphone. At least you can count on commercial codecs, like
G.729 with the hardware phone. The simplest way to check this is to
personally try and compare :) I recommend to use low-cost IAX2 hardware
phone (the price is around 50 USD) because there may be some NAT issues with
SIP clients in some countries.

2. If you are looking for most flexible and cheap solution - make a try to
find DID providers in these countries you are interested in. The price for
DID is about 5 USD/month each, which is surely cheaper than hosting own
equipment and paying telco's monthly fees in every country. This will solve
the internet connectivity too, so you may count on better quality.

3. Easiest way to track the connected clients is if you use Asterisk
Realtime and just query the database (say MySQL) when you need.

4. Best is to use own dialing plan and own extensions. Then you can map the
real DIDs just like you wish.