[asterisk-biz] New IP PBX lifting the bar

JR Richardson jmr.richardson at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 07:54:41 CDT 2007

> This new bread of gear seems to be PBX, Firewall, Router, POE switch etc
> rolled into one unit.
>
> Has anyone else seen new commercial new gear that has equally impressive
> feature sets?

I believe someone came up with a combo Asterisk PBX with Router/VPN/Firewall
image a couple of years ago.  Don't ask me to point it out, it's lost in the
ether I think.  I didn't hear any specifics about commercial installs and
how well the system performed in real world.

My biggest concern is resource contention on the platform, what happens when
the router/vpn/firewall has 8 vpn connections, natting 60 sessions and
applying QOS to the outbound RTP stream for 10 calls whilst the PBX is
recording calls, playing a couple of auto attendant loops and hosting a 6
person conference bridge?

JR
---
JR Richardson