[asterisk-biz] Bounties.

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Thu Nov 1 12:13:26 CDT 2007

On Thu, 1 Nov 2007, Jason Parker wrote:

> I have personally, on many occasions, seen somebody request a feature
> which I think is neat/interesting/whatever.  I say "I think that's
> great, and I can write that."  I do it *for free*, because *I* like the
> idea.  If somebody is willing to pay me (hey, $50 will buy a pretty
> decent dinner for 2) for something I enjoyed doing - even better.

   Being an open-source developer myself, I can entirely appreciate that.

   The concept just seems confused, to me;  if you want to have things
developed in the "spirit of open-source" that you have elucidated, simply
request them as a feature in some kind of systematic way.  If you are
trying to create incentives of a commercial nature along with that,
then, in my view, don't make them half-assed.

--
Alex Balashov
Evariste Systems