[asterisk-biz] Bounties.

Jason Parker jparker at digium.com
Thu Nov 1 11:58:21 CDT 2007

Alex Balashov wrote:
> $50-$100 bounties?  Are you guys SERIOUS?
>
> True, some are simple patches and code changes, but...
>
> For a lot of the kind of features you're asking, there needs to be a
> minimum of at least a couple hundred dollars.  Most competent developers
> implementing some of the features you're asking for would make more than
> that sitting there scratching their butt.
>
> </gratuitous flame>
>
> --
> Alex Balashov
> Evariste Systems
> Web    : http://www.evaristesys.com/
> Tel    : +1-678-954-0670
> Direct : +1-678-954-0671

I see absolutely nothing wrong with $50-100 bounties.

I have personally, on many occasions, seen somebody request a feature which I
think is neat/interesting/whatever.  I say "I think that's great, and I can
write that."  I do it *for free*, because *I* like the idea.  If somebody is
willing to pay me (hey, $50 will buy a pretty decent dinner for 2) for
something I enjoyed doing - even better.

Surely you don't need to be reminded that Asterisk is an open source project?

--
Jason Parker
Digium