[asterisk-biz] Can I get "forwarded from" number?

Steve Totaro stotaro at asteriskhelpdesk.com
Wed May 16 16:54:55 MST 2007

Thank you for clearing that up.  I thought of RDNIS but have never
needed or used it so I was not really sure what it was.

Last time I looked at the wiki, the entry for RDNIS simply said
"Referring DNIS" or something to that affect, with no explanation of
usage.  Now its usage and purpose makes sense.

I see the wiki has MUCH more info on RDNIS now.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro
http://www.asteriskhelpdesk.com
KB3OPB

Asterisk
> Discussion
> Subject: Re: [asterisk-biz] Can I get "forwarded from" number?
>

> If you're using a PRI, it is in the RDNIS value. (Redirected DNIS)
>
> DNIS = the final destination
> RDNIS = the original number dialed
>
> I'm the one who originally asked Mark to add this feature to Asterisk
> several years ago.  It's important for mass-market voicemail services.
> For example...  customer orders Call Forwarding Busy/No Answer from
the
> ILEC on their POTS line...  every customer (in a particular area)
points