[asterisk-biz] SellVoip: Kicking a man while he's down......

Peter Beckman beckman at purplecow.com
Tue May 8 12:23:04 MST 2007

On Tue, 8 May 2007, Michael Trank wrote:

> I take it then, that you *support* filing a complaint with the governmental
> authorities as Tom suggested. We can all imagine the consequences of that:
> bankruptcy, lawyers, fines, and further complications to the rebuilding of
> their business.

  When the problem is clearly lack of response, or lack of a timely
  response, or lack of a satisfactory response from the customer
  perspective?  Yeah, I do.

> There has certainly been carelessness, and a fair amount of bullshit,
> probably because of embarrassment and the desire to head off lawsuits and
> legal complaints.
>
> But SellVoip was an excellent service while it lasted, and I hope they come
> back up.

  "...while it lasted."  Clearly it is no longer an excellent service from
  what I've read.

  In my business, I'd do anything I could, including refunding double their
  money, to prevent people from wanting to or needing to vent about our
  business on this or any other list or to the government agencies put in
  place to help protect customers.  The cost is a lot less than the bad
  press that will be stored in these archives for the rest of the forseeable
  future.

Beckman